How do I Repair Damaged Word Files?
Microsoft Office Word is a user friendly and advanced word processing application. The MS Word application is widely used by creative writers, business professionals, software developers, students, etc. to create structured text documents. Word document may face corruption or may get damaged when they are embedded with large sized tables, images, graphs and other OLE objects. Other common reasons for corruption of these files are problems in storage media, OS corruption, Windows registry corruption, virus infected documents and unexpected system shutdown. Users often encounter error messages while downloading the document as an email attachment or while opening or closing an existing document. Therefore, one should use a third party recovery tool that can flawlessly fix Word doc file, to know more about this move here.
Error message display by corrupt Word file:
- "The document name or path is not valid. Try these suggestions. Check the file permissions for the document or drive. Use the File Open dialog box to locate the document."
- "Word cannot open the existing [square] in Template file".
- "Word cannot open the document: user does not have access privileges."
- "Microsoft Office Word has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify if a solution is available".
- "name.doc file cannot be opened".
Some of the data loss scenarios of repair corrupted Word file:
Conversion of file format: This is the most common reason for Word document corruption. It happens when a document is converted from one format to another on a continuous basis. For example- changing Word to Rtf to Word format or changing from Word to Excel and back to Word format. This changing process of file format is known as file format cycling. Due to this reason your Word document gets corrupted.
During Transferring of files: While transferring Microsoft Word file from one storage device to another. Suppose if you are transferring Word file from your system to CD or to the flash drive then make sure that data is getting transferred without facing any obstacles. Improper installation of flash drive, scratches in CD or system error can restrict the file transferring process and can damage your Word files because of incomplete execution of transferring process.
Macro Virus invasion: If the Microsoft Word document gets infected by a micro virus then there is no chance that your file will not get damaged or corrupted. Generally, micro viruses are not harmful but some of them can corrupt your Word files severely. A macro virus acts like a conventional computer virus and takes advantage of Word’s structure and functionality in order to replicate and trigger when certain events occur.
If you faced these type of scenario, Word file repair tool help you to repair damaged Word document.
It is easy to use execute Word repair that are corrupted or damaged. You can quickly scan the selected .doc file and repairs them easily.
It is compatible with all the versions of MS Operating Systems such as Microsoft Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2003 and Windows 2008.
It recovers embedded images, bullet lists, hyperlinks, fields, charts, tables from the repaired documents. Once the Word document repair process is finished, lost data that has been recovered from corrupt Word file can be previewed using preview option. Using this tool you can even repair Word 2010 document. You want to know how? Then refer this site http://www.fixmywordfile.com/corrupt-word-2010.html for complete information.
Important precautionary measures are stated below:
- You should never close your Word document abruptly as it may corrupt your particular Word file. If you want to close the MS Word application then you should click on ‘close’ option which is located at the file menu.
- Always close the network connection if you are not using the file. It has been observed that the failure of network connection can corrupt the Word file.
- It is essential that you should keep your system virus free by scanning it on a regular basis with the help of trust-worthy anti-virus program.
- Do not change the file format unnecessarily over and over again as it is likely to damage your MS Word file severely.
Steps to mend damaged Word document are as follows:
Steps 1: Download and install free demo version of Word file repair software. Launch the software, as soon as software starts running, the main window will pop-up.
Figure 1: Main Window
Step 2: Click on “BROWSE” button to upload your .doc / .docx file from its location where it has been stored. As soon as you click on browse, your file gets uploaded automatically. Then click on “REPAIR” to start repair process.
Figure 2: Select .doc / .docx file
Step 3: Once your file gets repaired, you can preview your repaired file in separate window, refer figure 3 and in order to save your repaired file to a specified location.
Figure 3: Preview